When in 1972, Jane Fonda went on stage at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in Los Angeles to pick up the Oscar with a jacket and a pair of Yves Saint Laurent pants, spectators froze for its counter-cultural choice in terms of style. Today, however, the pants are now declined not only in the more casual outfits and sports, but also in elegant combinations suitable for parties and events such as the Christmas holidays.
And that time, in those 40 and older, have changed dramatically, it gave confirmation, including the latest chronologically, Amal Clooney for the civil ceremony with which got married with George Clooney, the City of Venice, opted for a pair of pants and a white top by Stella McCartney that will remain in the annals of elegance.
Here, estatelearning offers some tips on how to match the pants for the holidays. Just take some ideas!
- Total white: it’s a palace pant, as Givenchy , or a pair of chinos with large soft pleats, such as Philosophy, white presupposes a top or a shirt and embellish an accessory that breaks the plain. It would be also a perfect jewel clutch.
- Precious plots: if the pants have a lot of work fabric, a jacquard or printed silk, better not to complicate the choice with a top too worked; preferred, instead, a white shirt.Alberta Ferretti has matched a clutch bag with shoulder strap of the same fabric of the pants.
- Jumpsuit: minimal lines and nudity make the purple suitCushnie et Ochs a refined elegance model. The stole eco fur ton sur ton is the extra touch, to move from party to party in the evening without fear of being cold.
- Cropped: a trend that began last year not yet completed. It becomes very chic when paired with a palace and a shirt with a straight cut and the precious fabric. Stella McCartney offers a white model, paired with a tunic without sleeves printed silk and gold shoes: easy to also copy with low cost parts.
- Overlays: do not look good at all, because the many cuts lower the figure, but match the pants, preferably straight, in a mini skirt and a sweater is a chic choice. By Giambattista Valli The miniskirt is embellished with sequins and golf is another trend of the season, a short ribbed turtleneck.
- Suit: it was once the wedding day par excellence; for years now, at least from Yves Saint Laurent on, it became an outfit suitable for every occasion. It depends on how it is spent. The contrasting colors, purple, green and red, the gold of frogs and silk pussy bow make the proposal to Gucci absolutely perfect for a casual party evening. Prada, however, replacing the sleeves with leather gloves and enriches the outfit of precious accessories (such as the brooch and double gold strap Mary Jane pointed), so as to make his tweed suit a passe-partout for different occasions.