Kasbah Tamadot – Exclusive resort in the Atlas Mountains
Kasbah Tamadot is Richard Branson’s magical retreat in the Atlas Mountains, Morocco. This is a 28-room hotel overlooking Mount Toubkal, located at the very top of a mountain valley above a few Berber villages. As you look around, you will be delighted and amazed by the unique design of each of the bedrooms, organized in Berber tents, offering exceptional service. Get ready for an experience you’ve never experienced before. The hotel was once home to Luciano Tempo, an antique restorer and collector who filled it with countless antiques, from antique tables, sculptures, to collectible Indian, Indonesian and North American ornaments. In 1998, the hotel was purchased by Richard Brensan, along with the treasures collected by Luciano, which are now part of the hotel’s design. Sir Richard Branson discovered the Kasbah Tamadot during his visit to Morocco (his balloon trip around the world). In truth, his parents, Ted and Eva, dreamed of turning this find into a beautiful hideaway in the heart of the Moroccan Mountains. Richard didn’t quite manage to complete his whirlwind trip around the world, so he bought a hotel and his parents’ dream came true.
The Kasbah Tamadot opened its doors to guests for the first time in 2005. After Sir Richard’s purchase of the hotel, free English courses were created for the local population. People who did not even plan to continue working at the hotel could visit it. Support for local residents is enhanced by projects initiated by the hotel management, as well as a charitable foundation founded by Eva Branson. The concern for the environment is also highly valued by the hotel management, which is committed to the sustainable development of the tourism business in the area. Therefore, the hotel is constantly looking for new methods of recycling waste and generating energy. Today, the staff of the hotel is 120 employees living like one big family. The hotel has 2 camels, 4 mules and 3 donkeys. The level of service is extremely high.
Are you planning a vacation to relax, we guessed it? Lounging by the pool and soaking up the sun will get you off to a good start, but there’s something special about the hotel…
- The hotel spa has skin and body care programs for men and women;
- The traditional Moroccan Hamam deeply cleanses and softens the skin with a treatment based on a Moroccan daily cleansing ritual followed by a full body exfoliation with a mitt. At the same time, a mask is applied to the hair and body. The end result is to rejuvenate, renovate the skin and relax the nervous system;
- Traditional Moroccan massage is used to achieve the best result and maximum relaxation during the Hamam;
- Essential Rose Facial is a luxurious all-in-one facial treatment that uses the regenerative properties of Moroccan Damask Rose to nourish, soften and hydrate skin;
- La Stone Massage-Deluxe back massage is a stone massage that uses alternating temperatures (hot basalt and cold marble). Massage with stones is carried out along the entire body, which helps to relieve stress and deep muscle tension.
- Tennis court – and even as many as two tennis courts, which are illuminated at night, because this is one of Richard Branson’s favorite activities.
- Ping-Pong – want to fight? You can take the top spot in the standings, a ping pong spot in the garden next to the pool.
- Mule trekking – discover the surroundings of the High Atlas in a unique and traditional way. Mules boast a unique combination of the physical and psychological traits of a horse and a donkey. Contrary to popular belief, they are not at all stubborn. Mules are very intelligent, patient and loyal to their owners.
- Hour excursion to the local village. Passing by eucalyptus trees and olive groves, you will slowly ascend to the neighboring village with traditional Berber houses. This is a great way to get in touch with the local culture.
- 2-hour tour to Tukbal National Park – discover the stunning surroundings and enjoy panoramic views from the top of the mountain.
- The High Atlas tour is perhaps the most fantastic walk in the area.
OPEN AIR movie nights
On warm evenings at the Kasbah, Tamadot offers open-air movie screenings, during which you will watch movies outdoors under the stars.
Romantic blue and white city on the Atlantic coast. Ancient 18th-century bastions adorned with bronze cannons crash into the ocean. Huge snow-white gulls hover over the picturesque little port. It is not surprising that the city attracts and inspires artists and filmmakers. The city hosts international music festivals. A wide beach with rolling waves has made Essaouira the capital of Moroccan surfing.
During the tour you will visit the port, small shipyards. Watch the fishermen unload their catch to the great delight of the seagulls.
Take a walk from the bastions deep into the old city, visit the ancient Jewish quarter. The medina of Essaouira has its own unique style, closer to European style, with wide cobbled streets and large windows. You will watch the work of the thuye woodworkers for which Essaouira is famous. Here you can safely choose souvenirs from thuja, even merchants here do not impose their goods. To complete the experience, we recommend having lunch in a fish restaurant.